Ever wondered how to increase yourTwitter capital? Have you found yourself wondering:
- Will I get more retweets if I bribe my followers with coupons and gifts?
- How many times to tweet each day without being boring?
- How to make industry leaders to follow my tweets?
- How to make my tweets more retweetable?
- Why do people unfollow me?
Here’s a great infographic made by WhiteFireSEO.com that gives answers to all these questions.
Here is what the image is all about, broken down in easy to grasp concepts:
Will I get more retweets if I bribe my followers with coupons and gifts?
No, bribes and gifts will not make a significant impact on your Twitter branding. It’s better to just ask them for a retweet, you’ll be surprised of peoples’ willingness to help you out just for the sake of helping you.
- Incentives and bribes. 32% of your follower base will retweet if you offer some kind of a compensation for their effort
- Please RT. 26%of people on Twitter actually retweet if you ask them to.
How many times to share each day without being boring?
You do want to tweet often so yourmessages get more chances to be seen, as people only see the first dozen of tweets. But if you over-do it you may get booted, i.e. unfollowed. On Twitter, you can speak your mind about 30 times each day without being boring. Here’s the breakdown comparison with other social platforms
- 36 times on Twitter
- 21 times on Facebook
- 16 times on Google +
- 14 times on LinkedIn
As you can see, the more “professional” a network is, the less tolerant it is on overzealous sharing.
How to make industry leaders to follow my tweets?
The best way to go about getting noticed by the hot shots is to just follow them and retweet their stuff. They regularly check the retweet ratio, and keep track of who’s retweeting. Share their news and you’re bound to get noticed. In Twitterterms, this may mean you’ll get followed by them within a few days.
How to make my tweets more retweetable?
The best way to get retweeted is to make each tweet an interesting one. While you’re at it, make it both interesting and humorous. And of course, be social and build relationships. That will increase the chance of getting retweeted even more. If you become a though leader in yourniche, you’ve become a celebrity and this will increase the retweets even more.
Here’s the numbers breakdown of what makes tweets retweetable:
- Interesting tweets. 92% of people will retweet an interesting tweet.
- Humor. 84% of people will retweet a funny tweet, so get creative.
- Personal connection. 66% is the chance of being retweeted by people you actually talk to.
- Celebrity status. 21% of people in your follower base will retweet if you are a celebrity in your niche market.
Why do people unfollow me?
Unfollowing on Twittercan only reveal one chilling thing “I’ve become boring.” Scary. They’ll also ditch you for being a phoney because your tweets seem as if they’re posted by a robot (or a tweeting scheduler). Talk too much about yourbusiness and yourself and this will make you very unpopular quite soon. On the other hand, if you just sit there and never make a sound, they’ll fly away cause you’re no fun. Here’s the numbers breakdown of why people unfollow:
- 66% of your follower base may abandon you if you tweet too much.
- 58% may abandon you if your tweets are obviously automated.
- 47% will unfollow you if you share the same ol’ links over and over again.
- 38% will leave you if you never utter any tweets.
- 34% will ditch you if all you tweet about is You.
- Tweet things that are not always about you and your business
- Follow and retweet other celebrities in your niche
- Write valuable tweets with a twist of humor
- Become a celebrity in your niche
- Tweet about 30 times each day
Stick to these things and you’re set for a bright future on Twitter.
In the meantime, you can greatly improve your marketing skills by getting some of the Online Marketing training resources here.